I am a graduate of the UC Berkeley College Admissions and Career Planning Program. I have guided high school and community college students in college admissions for over seven years. In addition, I provide pro-bono college advising at College Track in San Francisco and at Half Moon Bay High School in the college application workshops. I have been a parent leader in public and private education for the past fifteen years. I worked in the public health field for over ten years and taught high school biology and chemistry in the Peace Corps in Kenya. I am particularly interested in helping students pursue higher education in math, science and engineering.
I survived the college admission process with my own children, who graduated from Gonzaga University (2015) and UC Berkeley (2017). Every year I tour dozens of colleges and universities throughout the United States; attend professional conferences, college fairs and workshops; and network with fellow professionals in the field. I keep up-to-date on changes and developments in the world of higher education so I can best inform and guide my students and families.
Education and Credentials
- Certificate in College Admissions and Career Planning, UC Berkeley, Berkeley CA
- Master of Public Health (MPH), University of California Berkeley, Berkeley CA
- Bachelor of Arts (BA), Biology, University of the Pacific, Stockton CA
- California Teaching Credential – Single Subject Biology
- Professional memberships: Higher Education Consultants Association (HECA) and Western Association for College Admission Counseling (WACAC)